- Avoid Slipping on Ice. Icy conditions, snowy roads and slippery sidewalks make it easy to slip and fall. Cottages of Shippensburg offers 24 hour Emergency Maintenance.
- Stock-Up on Non-Perishable Food Items. Every week, The Cottages hosts the King Kettles Food Bank. Check with your community manager regarding upcoming dates.
- Check Batteries in All Appliances, Portable Radios, Flashlights, Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors.
- Beat the Winter Blues. Seniors can become very isolated during the winter months. Keep in touch with friends and family. One of the best features at the Cottages of Shippensburg are the resident events and activities. Our residents enjoy weekly domino sessions, karaoke nights, and brunch just to name a few. Please visit the events tab on www.cottagesofshippensburg.com or stop by the leasing office for the current calendar of events.
- Dress in Layers to Keep Warm. To keep utility costs down, set the thermostat to at least 68F or higher. If you need assistance paying bills, there are several programs available in Cumberland County.
*Community Action Commission (CAC)
125 North Enola Drive #204 B, Enola, PA 17025
*The United Way of Carlisle & Cumberland County
145 South Hanover Street Carlisle, PA 17013